If you are looking for a faster way to capture new clients, you could be overlooking interested prospects right under your nose. Any company with a relatively active website likely has web visitors quietly poking around. That’s why more and more companies are using “lead identification” software, or a CRM with this capability, to identify web visitors.
“Lead identification” (in the digital sense) refers to the process of identifying qualified leads from your web traffic. While this type of tracking technology is relatively new, many businesses are finding success with it. If you have the right software, identifying website visitors can be fast and accurate, especially if you can capture email addresses. As long your company has an interesting newsletter, content or offer, it's not that difficult to capture emails.
Once you get started with a lead identification tool, here are five ways to maximize your success with it.
- Give website visitors a good reason to share their email address. People will only share their personal information if they have a good reason to do it.
- Decide what behavior defines “interested”. If viewing pricing is what makes a web visitor “hot”, these leads should be ranked first on your follow-up list.
- Add qualified prospects to your CRM to jumpstart the lead nurturing process. If you efficiently copy qualified leads to your CRM, they can be included in your email communications.
- Don’t overlook the circle of influence. By identifying and engaging with other influential employees, you can help turn a "maybe" into a "yes".
- Set-up automated alerts. If you receive an email each time someone views pricing (or some other target action), you can make contact at the perfect moment.