Why is blogging important for your business? A digital blog is an easy way to engage with your target audience and display the value of your product or service. A digital blog is also a strong marketing strategy that builds brand identity, promotes lead generation, and creates industry thought leadership.
If you’re considering adding a blog to your digital marketing strategy, great! Let’s take a look at what you need to start a blog, tools to generate blog ideas, and more:
What is a Blog Headline?
Headlines are also often referred to as titles. The first few words of these blog headlines or blog titles show off what your blog is about. Headlines are a key factor in search engine rankings and are similar to subject lines in emails, because you want your audience to know what they’re reading right away.
It’s important to include keywords in your headline, so your audience knows the value of your blog. Many headlines start with the formula: [Content Type] Headline or Headline [Bonus Information]. For example: Top 10 Content Marketing Types [Examples Included].
Others include numbers like 12 Growth Hacks to Enhance Your Content Marketing Strategy.
Some headline formulas include the year and are updated annually with the latest trends and stats, such as Where is the Marketing CRM Headed in 2021?
Common blog headline formulas are posed as a list, how-to, or question. All help your target audience solve a problem by including keywords and killer content.
How to Get Blog Ideas: Blog Title Generator Tools
If you’re unsure where to start, a few clever digital marketing tools provide blog title idea suggestions. Integrate these new ideas into your content calendar or sticky note on how to brainstorm blog ideas:
1. SEOPressor Connect: Blog Title Generator. SEOPressor has an easy-to-use blog title generator tool. It’s a WordPress plugin that offers customization and optimization features. When using this tool, enter your one keyword first.
Next, determine the category of your keyword. You can select from categories such as:
From there, one click generates a title for your blog post. You’re shown a maximum of 25 titles a day using your keyword. However, if you sign up and verify your email address, SEOPressor can generate over a thousand blog titles for you to scroll through. This makes putting together your content marketing strategy much faster.
2. FATJOE Blog Post Title Headline Generator. FATJOE also has an instant content headline generator for your blog. This blog topic generator tool provides ten free headline titles after you type in a keyword or topic.
The context of headlines are very unique, and this blog topic generator tool offers a range of created headline topics. FATJOE’s Blog Post Title Headline Generator also lists blogging tips and ideas for you to stop wondering how to write catchy blog headlines.
The guidelines for developing the best blog title ideas are right there with the headline suggestions from FATJOE, and you can adjust the generated titles to fit your content marketing strategy.
- You need to identify the subject or topic of your blog.
- Insert keywords into a variety of different blog headline templates when the blog title generator tool prompts you.
- Save your favorite blog titles and headlines on a go-to list to reference them later when you need popular blog post ideas or new content for your marketing calendar.
4. Coschedule’s Headline Analyzer. Another content headline generator you can use to come up with blog ideas is a headline analyzer. Insert your draft title into the sort-of headline generator, and CoSchedule gives you blog headline tips to make it better.
With this tool, you can analyze a single headline up to twenty-five different times, write better blog headlines, and optimize on maximum web traffic.
This tool calculates how powerful your headlines are based on categories such as:
- Word balance
- Blog headline length
This free blog title generator is a part of Coschedule’s Headline Studio. If you upgrade to Headline Studio Pro in your CoSchedule account, your blog headlines will be analyzed with the available premium features.
How to Target Keywords with Blog Posts
Think of your title as a magnet that draws potential readers to your blog. A big part of this magnetic composition is keywords. They’re crucial for optimizing search engine traffic to your blog.
For example, if you’re learning how to target keywords with blog posts, start by writing down all the keywords that match or are close to your product or service.
Write down complementary words, and brainstorm blog post ideas. Look at a few competitor blogs to see what blog topics are most popular. Research how to write a catchy blog headline that gets clicks and a high page ranking.
From there, you’ll come up with a few great, relevant blog topics.
For example, Mirabel’s Marketing Manager has email marketing and workflow automation features. Because of these capabilities, we can help our target audience with Effective Email List Cleaning: When, Why, and How to Scrub. The keywords are “email list cleaning” and “how to scrub your email lists”.
HubSpot especially affirms the value of using target keywords in blog posts. When you use keywords in blog posts, especially in the title or headline, your blog is positioned to provide relevant answers to what your target audience is searching for online.
It’s crucial to ensure that your keyword strategy matches the intention of your target audience. You can use more than one keyword (and long-tail keywords are the Holy Grail), but the best blog title ideas are centered around the intent of your audience.
Think about what your target audience is asking. Why would they trust you to answer their question? How can you respond to their inquiry? Are they looking for a list, a how-to guide, a quick stat sheet, or a helpful vlog?
Keywords in your blog title are great indicators of the content in your post. When you associate unique, long-tail keywords that talk about what your blog is, you are also creating new blog ideas and topics. Consider multi-part blog posts or a who-what-when-where-why-how series. Keep brainstorming!
Here’s How to Build a Blog for Your Audience
Blog topic research tools aren’t hard to come by, but your target audience is essential to the success of your blog. Like we said before, think about what your target audience is asking. What are their pain points? What solutions can you offer them?
Tell them right away with your blog headline.
This is a strong, honest way to build a blog for your audience. Provide relevant content with targeted, valuable keywords to increase their engagement and build trust.
HubSpot notes that you can get familiar with your target audience by answering the following questions about why your content is relevant and valuable to digital readers:
- What are your readers interested in?
- Are there any recent trends or new tools?
- What problems does your audience face in their industry today?
- Is your audience experiencing any unique challenges?
The bottom line to this digital content marketing strategy is:
- Define your target audience
- List their pain points and your solutions
- Do a little keyword research
- Generate blog topics that address your target audience’s needs
Once you have a firm how to write a blog for your audience, brainstorming content comes naturally. If you’re ever wondering how to get blog ideas or how to come up with content relevant to your product, service, or audience, keep reading.
A Quick List of Blog Topic Research Tools
1. HubSpot’s Blog Ideas Generator. HubSpot has a free and easy-to-use Blog Ideas Generator tool. This content headline generator takes one noun at a time (up to five times) to generate maximum five headlines for your blog.
From these popular blog post ideas, five blog headlines could be a week’s worth of content ideas. If you use this tool with five keywords for a blog post, you could also generate five more content ideas and so on.
A paid tool subscription to this awesome digital marketing tool for a year can give you at least 250 more blog site titles ideas.
- Type in a word or words specific to your blog subject.
- Click one button to ideate blog idea topics and suggestions.
- Click “See Another Title” to generate a new content idea based on the words you entered.
This tool is unique because there is no limit on the number of words you can use to generate blog ideas. There’s also no limit to the number of ideas this online blog title generator will create for you. This digital marketing tool even stores your best blog post ideas, so you can revisit when you have writer’s block.
3. AnswerThePublic: Visual Keyword Research & Content Idea Tool. This blog generator tool by CoverageBook in the United Kingdom is used to brainstorm blog post ideas. It’s a little different from a content idea generator in that it posts real results.
First, you enter keywords (preferably one or two words) about a topic, brand, or product.
Next, you’re provided today’s Google-searched questions, prepositions, comparison, alphabeticals, and related searches about your selected words.
Discovering what is searched, especially about what blog topics are most popular and trending long-tail keywords, helps you gain insight into what people want to read.
With this blog topic research tool, it’s easy to generate blog content ideas and answer your audience’s questions. You’re also able to search the data provided from this blog generator tool for different countries, which is helpful if you aim to produce great blog titles that are relevant around the world. (It’s also great to help grow your global blog audience.)
These data-backed insights and search inquiries can serve as a basis for brainstorming relevant, targeted, and popular blog post ideas.
This free blog title generator-like tool lets you conduct unlimited searches based on the site’s web traffic. It also comes with three paid plans:
- The Monthly plan is $99 per month.
- The Annual plan is $79 per month.
- The Enterprise plan is $399 per month.
Move beyond, “What is a blog headline?” and “How to generate blog topics.”
It’s time to upgrade your content calendar with these clever blog headline tips, creative blog title generators, and headline templates.
Developing these engaging topics and click-worthy blog headlines isn’t easy. It depends on your target audience and what they want to read. It also relies on a strategic blend of keyword research and creativity, all while retaining your brand’s tone and goals.
While time-consuming, you’ll get faster as you go, creating a toolbelt of ideas generators and headline analyzers to assist with your brainstorming. Content marketing strategy isn’t a walk in the park, but these few digital tools are worth bookmarking for next month’s content calendar.